- Best Joomla ecommerce templates can give a new dimension to your websites since they have some of the best features which include responsive design, bootstrap framework, HTML 5 just to name a few.
- We are happy to announce our Sirena template integration with Phoca Cart - the best Joomla shopping and e-commerce extension for Joomla. If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device. Videos you watch may be added to the TV's watch history and influence TV recommendations.
Online shopping is a prior choice of common people so businessmen would like to run flexible online shopping cart sites. Joomla based sites could be the right one because it gives proper results to the users. However, they need support from Joomla extensions to make the eCommerce sites very effective. Nowadays, we can see the number of eCommerce extensions online so not necessary to feel worried about the selection of best Joomla extensions. Here we are going to see some very best Joomla eCommerce and shopping cart extensions.
Best joomla eCommerce extension to setup your store online. With 100+ features, 70+ payment gateways, sell your physical, digital goods online with a number of options. Best Joomla eCommerce Extension. By Ossolution Team. EShop is a powerful & responsive Joomla Shopping Cart / e-Commerce extension. It is built based on the standard Joomla! MVC structure with many great features, user friendly and easy to customize. You simply install, add products, enable built-in modules, payment plugins, shipping plugins and you are ready to start accepting orders.
Best Joomla Extensions
J2Store is a free extension and even it does not require any difficult registration process. Nowadays, developers like to use this extension because it offers many features rather than many premium extensions. Some of the key features of J2Store extension are responsive design, modern pricing option, multilingual, product list layer, robust combination or variant generator, custom order status and order statistics in the dashboard.
We always want to choose a standard extension to run our site without any issues so we may go for VirtueMart. It’s one of the excellent Joomla extensions because it’s open source and no need to spend money on it. This extension is pretty simple to customize but it takes some time to collaborate on new technologies. It contains a good interface and quality architecture so better performance will be guaranteed. It gives SEO support and even payment option is also good with VirtueMart. Overhaul VirtueMart could be the best choice of any eCommerce site developers.
Eshop is another quality Joomla shopping cart extension and it is also free to use. It has developed based on high-intensity Joomla MVC structure. It’s user-friendly so need to learn anything new to work on it. We can easily install it and even add products without any bit of hassle. Eshop Joomla extension is pretty responsive and robust. Here, payment methods are also simple so users can target this extension with belief.
HikaShop is also an extension of the Joomla shopping cart and it brings some useful benefits to users. If we want to develop an eCommerce site with HikaShop, then we must have the knowledge of HTML and CSS for the betterment of results. Obviously, HikaShop is suitable for international sales so developers love to choose this extension. It also gives multilingual support and payment gateways.
JoomShopping extension is very popular because of its highly professional to use. It gives numerous functions that are helpful for increasing online sales rapidly. Additionally, this extension is free and offers many exclusive features. It supports multiple payment methods automatically and even it allows users to add any new payment methods. It simply manages many categories and products. It’s also multilingual and it offers tax management and delivery management.
Phoca Cart is an exclusive eCommerce extension and this is highly suitable for Joomla and it is developed by the modern responsive bootstrap library. There are plenty of features available in the Phoca Cart extension so users can use this for the betterment of e-commerce sites. The common features of this extension are responsive architecture, unlimited products, comparison list, auto image resize, coupons, cart discounts, multiple tax rates, payment methods, and others.
DigiCom is a great digital download selling extension and it’s available for free of cost. This extension helps users to get some valuable features like bundle selling, single selling, robust reporting, amazing extensible and others. DigiCom helps the user to simply sell some products like themes, music, art, books and other online products. It offers a one-click installation so users no need to follow a difficult protocol to customize this extension. It has a huge add-ons library so users can simply customize new pages. Users may run an online shopping cart by using this extension because it includes all the required tools. It allows users to showcase their products with attractive effects. Users can buy it at free of cost with the installation guide.
The Sellacious is a Joomla extension and it’s totally free and it will be a great choice for growing online sales. This extension is very simple to install and obviously an effective user interface. The Sellacious extension has a multi layer vendor store and it offers benefits like enterprise level management for vendors and staff. Now Sellacious extension team is spending time on EasySocial Integration.
#9.Instant Pro Shop
Instant PayPal Pro Shop is a valuable Joomla extension and it allows normal brochure websites into effective eCommerce websites. The users can sell products through PayPal without any difficulties. It’s a better extension for Joomla based sites but users have to spend money on it to use.
Joomla Shopping Cart Extensions
Quick2Cart is a simple and flexible Joomla extension and it simply offers multi-vendor, multi-store and other effective social integrations. It can be effective for big size eCommerce sites. This extension has a special option of native product manager and it allows a user to integrate with some CCK’s such as K2, Zoo, and Joomla contents.
As most people are running a hectic lifestyle these days, they tend to prefer sitting at home and placing orders online instead of going to physical stores. Thus, there is no doubt that online shopping has been thriving more than ever before.
As a result, there goes a ton of fascinating eCommerce platforms and CMS (Content Management System) in the market for online merchants to choose from. In case you are not familiar with the term CMS, it is a software that helps users create, manage, and modify content on a website without the need for specialized technical knowledge.
Although it is not as popular as WordPress, Joomla is still the fifth most popular CMS on the market right now is Joomla – a free and open-source CMS with 1,662,593 live websites as collected from BuiltWith.
Due to its open-source nature, Joomla eCommerce was made to be highly customizable and expandable. A total of 7,578 extensions are currently available in the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED) to suit the different needs of users. Many of which are made specifically for building eCommerce websites. In this article, we will be pointing out:
- 6 of the best Joomla eCommerce extensions
- What are their outstanding features, and what can they do for you?
- Show you which one is more suitable for your business
|What are the eCommerce trends to expect in 2021? Are you taking full advantage of your eCommerce platform to level up your business? |
Check out the most extensive report “eCommerce in 2021: TOP PLATFORMS PREDICTION AND INDUSTRY TRENDS” to find the answer!
- What are the best Joomla eCommerce Extensions?
- Best Joomla eCommerce extensions review
What are the best Joomla eCommerce extensions?
After a thorough evaluation, we have summarized 6 of the best extensions to build eCommerce websites for Joomla, namely VirtueMart, EShop, HikaShop, JoomShopping, MijoShop, and J2Store.
So why did we choose to review these 6 extensions?
We conducted our research based on 2 criteria.
The first criterion is features. There are a few features that users often pay attention to when choosing a website builder to go with, these are: Ease of use, multilingual and multi-currency possibilities, payment and shipping methods, and SEO tools.
After researching and testing, we found that 6 extensions that we chose to review have all of the must-have features as follows:
- Easy to use: They have a dashboard that is easy to manage and configure. The installation process is very quick and easy.
- Support multilingual websites: These extensions enable you to run your websites in more than one language. This makes it so much easier for you to expand your business to a global scale.
- Support many payment gateways and shipping methods: They all support many payment gateways and shipping methods which contributes to making the paying and shipping process more efficient.
- Support multi-currency payment: You can display and sell products in multiple currencies. The extensions allow your customers to buy in the currency of their preference. The plugins will update the currency exchange rates automatically for them.
- Powerful SEO tools: SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results. Therefore, a powerful SEO tool is indispensable for achieving a high Google Ranking. All of these extensions include built-in SEO tools that allow you to customize your metadata and snippets as much as you like.
The second criterion is the number of users. According to the statistics that we have collected from BuiltWith.com and JoomlaShine.com, of all Joomla eCommerce extensions, the above-mentioned rank in the top 6. The first one is VirtueMart with over 300,000 websites. JoomShopping and MijoShop come second and third with approximately 200,000 sites each. Next in line are HikaShop and EShop with over 50,000 and 40,000 respectively. The last position belongs to J2Store with 17,000 websites.
Now, let me walk you through the outstanding features of these 6 extensions and help you find your optimal solution.
Best Joomla eCommerce extensions review
VirtueMart is one of the best eCommerce solutions for Joomla eCommerce. It is a PHP based plugin that comes with unlimited possibilities. You can create a proper store using only VirtueMart built-in features. Or you can add plugins, templates, and modules to expand your store easily.
Let’s take a closer look at the outstanding features of this robust extension.
- Multiple templates and layouts: You can personalize the front-end of your store as much as you like because VirtueMart has hundreds of templates and layouts for you to choose from.
- Dynamic calculator: All the discounts, tax, and currency are handled by a single calculator. It is a rule-based calculator that works when applying different conditions. For example, you can define discount, tax as rules and product category, shopper group, delivery address as conditions. Then just configure the rules and it can offer discounts based on the conditions you set.
- Product additional information: as VirtueMart is open-source, you can add as much additional information as you like to your products.
VirtueMart is suitable for merchants who have or wish to run a shop from medium to large scale as it is easily expandable. Moreover, those who want to start their businesses on a shoestring budget are also potential customers as it is FREE to download. However, you still need to buy your hosting and domain to begin with VirtueMart. It is recommended to purchase some add-ons to extend its functionalities if you don’t have enough technical knowledge to create the functions by yourself.
HikaShop is a highly flexible Joomla eCommerce extension, comes with unlimited possibilities. You can use CSS and HTML knowledge to decorate your website exactly as your wish.
Here are some outstanding features of HikaShop:
- Multiple vendors: It allows you to authorize different vendors to sell products in your store. They will have to pay you a particular amount of money and you are able to manage their sales.
- Powerful statistics: HikaShop gives you the possibility to generate reports based on your shop data. Through graphs, tables, pies and many other charts you will be able to visualize your shop information such as the number of sales this month, the best product sold this year or the evolution of your sales during the last 10 days.
- Layout variation: HikaShop allows you to modify the layout of your items as much as you like.
- Merchants with no technical knowledge tend to stay away from HikaShop. On the other hand, this extension is gaining interest among the developer community because they can use their technical skills and creativity to create exactly the store as they like.
MijoShop is known as a creative Joomla eCommerce component, a key feature for any shopping carts for Joomla. It is integrated with two of the most popular open-source projects in the world: OpenCart and Joomla. Therefore, it inherits a lot of plugins from both Joomla and OpenCart, which makes it a more powerful extension.
Price: From $59 to $499
- Multi-store: MijoShop allows you to manage multiple stores from one admin interface. You can create your unique online stores for multiple brands, product sets, franchises, employee stores, co-branded stores, and more. You can also quickly launch micro-stores for promotional campaigns.
- Fully responsive: Both the front-end and back-end of MijoShop are compatible with mobile displays.
MijoShop can be used for any type and size of business. But it is especially suitable for those who wish to operate multiple stores from one interface. This feature of MijoShop not only helps save your time but also makes it easier for you to manage all of your stores as you don’t have to switch between different admin panels regularly.
JoomShopping is a professional Joomla eCommerce extension with many built-in functions. Therefore, it can easily meet various requirements from users and effectively implement your e-commerce projects. Until now, it has got a lot of positive reviews and now has over 300,000 downloads.
These are some of the key features of JoomShopping:
- Unlimited number of products and categories: You can sell as many products as you want to. One category can contain more than one product.
- Order history: Customers can see all of their orders from the past to the present.
- Simple checkout process: Customers can place their orders without having to take an extra step of registering for the site. There is a link that will take them straight to a page where they can fill in information about their addresses, desired payment methods and shipping methods.
JoomShopping is a good fit for online merchants who are looking forward to selling a wide range of products. Besides, those who wish to have a simple start with their businesses are also potential customers of this extension because they can build a proper website from the built-in features of this extension.
J2Store presents a completely new and innovative approach to eCommerce CMS. While other extensions provide their own database with their own product pages, categories, etc, J2Store goes a different way. You can use existing Joomla articles as products, create product variants, define tax rules, add advanced pricing and so much more. Accordingly, you can build a beautiful online store using only Joomla articles.
Some key features of J2Store are:
- Product additional images: You can add more than one image to your products. This helps you showcase your products from various angles.
- Import/export products from a CSV file: It has a free app (Simple CSV) for importing a large number of products from the CSV files. This makes the importing and exporting process so much easier.
- Various product options and variants: Sellers can sell both physical and downloadable products through J2Store. It comes with a built-in variant generator, saving you from the troubles of manually adding them. Therefore, all you need to do is pick the options (like sizes and colors) and let it work its magic.
Merchants who are looking for building a website out of Joomla Articles are definitely potential customers of J2Store.
EShop is built based on the standard Joomla MVC structure. The term MVC stands for Model View Controller. It is an architectural pattern that separates an application into three main logical components: the model, the view, and the controller. Each of these components is built to handle specific development aspects of an application. MVC is one of the most frequently used industry-standard web development frameworks to create scalable and expandable projects.
The specialty of this extension is its simplicity, you just install and add products. Create your own categories, product pages, etc with this extension then you are ready to run your store.
- Product wish list: When customers view products in your store, they can add products to their wish list or the cart to check out later if they want.
- Auto-update stock: the stock of a product will update automatically when there is an order. Then, you will get automatic notifications from your store for products that are reaching the low stock threshold. It will help you replenish the stock.
EShop is a perfect Joomla eCommerce extension for those sellers who love simplicity and want to scale up their stores to medium or large online businesses.
Overall, Joomla is a great choice if you love working with a Content Management System. In comparison with some hosted carts like Shopify, you have so much more control and customization possibilities with Joomla as it is an open-source CMS.
Furthermore, Joomla eCommerce offers plenty of extensions to ensure its users can build the best eCommerce website out of it. If you are new to Joomla eCommerce, you can consider trying out 1 of these 6 extensions mentioned above as they are the best ones on the market right now in 2020.
On the other hand, in case you have already had your store set up on another platform but it can no longer meet your demands and want to make a switch to Joomla, LitExtension can be your perfect partner in transferring your current website to Joomla eCommerce extensions.
We provide the automated migration service that helps online merchants migrate their data between two platforms automatically, accurately, and securely. We are now supporting over 90 carts and have successfully migrated over 140,000 stores and have over 40,000 customers. Among all of that, we do support migrating to VirtueMart and MijoShop.
Customer satisfaction is always our top priority. It’s our pleasure to assist you with your migration. In case you need help, don’t be hesitant and contact our support team via live chatright now and they will give you all the information you want to know.
We hope that this article is helpful for you in some ways. Join our Facebook Community to get more eCommerce tips and news. Best of luck!