Learning ObjectivesAfter completing this unit, you’ll be able to:
Click 'Salesforce Lightning for Outlook' from the Home tab on the ribbon and then click 'Manage Add-ins'. In the Manage Add-ins page, click the '+' sign and then select the 'Salesforce for Outlook' add-in from the Office Store. Click the 'Add' button to begin installation. Go to Settings Your App Settings Mail. Under Options on the left, select General Manage Add-Ins. If Lightning is not in the list displayed, click on the link to Get more add-ins for Outlook. In the MS Office store, enter lightning in the search bar, and click on Salesforce Lightning for Outlook.
Lightning Experience Administrative Essentials for New Admins (ADX-201) Result 1 of 1.
- List the requirements and other setup considerations.
- Setup the integration with Microsoft® Outlook®.
- Set up Einstein Activity Capture.
Roll Up Your Sleeves
Setting up the integration with Microsoft® Outlook® and Einstein Activity Capture isn’t difficult, but it does require some time. And if you don’t administer Microsoft Exchange, you can get that admin to work with you.
Before Ursa Major’s admin, Maria Jimenez, invests time in any setup, she reviews system requirements for the Outlook integration and Einstein Activity Capture.
|Support Detail||Outlook Integration||Einstein Activity Capture|
|User licenses||Requires the Standard Salesforce license with the purchase of Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, or Lightning Platform.||Supports up to 100 users on the Standard Salesforce license with Sales Cloud purchase. To set up more than 100 users for Einstein Activity Capture, a paid upgrade to Sales Cloud Einstein, Inbox, or High Velocity Sales is required.|
|Email clients||See the system requirements.|| See the system requirements.|
|Browser||For Outlook on the web users, any of these browsers that allow cookies from Salesforce:||Not applicable|
|Data storage||Data is stored on Microsoft servers and Salesforce servers only. If customers upgrade to Inbox, some data is stored on Salesforce Amazon Web Service servers.||Data is stored on Microsoft servers, Salesforce servers, and Salesforce Amazon Web Service servers.|
Want to Get Hands-on with the Outlook Integration and Einstein Activity Capture?
In this module, we assume you are a Salesforce administrator with the proper permissions to set up the Outlook integration and Einstein Activity Capture. If you’re not a Salesforce administrator, that’s OK. Read along to learn how your administrator would take the steps in a production org. Don't try to follow these steps in your Trailhead Playground. The Outlook integration and Einstein Activity Capture aren’t available in the Trailhead Playground.
Set Up the Outlook Integration
- Click , and select Setup.
Outlookin the Quick Find box, and then select Outlook Integration and Sync.
- Turn on the Outlook integration.
- Ensure that Use Enable Enhanced Email with Outlook is on to log emails as standard message objects and activate Email to Salesforce. This setting lets reps add (or log) Outlook emails and their attachments to Salesforce records as Salesforce emails. Reps can add (or log) events and their attachments to Salesforce records as well. When you use Einstein Activity Capture, email and event capture automatically adds Outlook emails and events to the activity timeline of related Salesforce records.
- Give your sales reps instructions to set up the integration in Microsoft Outlook.
Customize the Outlook Integration PaneAfter Maria finishes the basics for setting up the integration with Outlook, she customizes features to give her reps the best selling experience. Here’s how.
- From Setup, enter
Outlookin the Quick Find box, and then select Outlook Integration and Sync.
- Enable Customize Content with App Builder.
- In the Email Application Pane section, create a pane and use Lightning App Builder to add components to the pane and assign the panes to users. You get loads of flexibility customizing how Salesforce content appears in Outlook. Learn how to use Lightning App Builder to make your reps even more productive.
Lightning For Outlook Trailhead
Create Lightning Email Templates and add the Templates component to a customized App Builder Email Application Pane. Reps can quickly craft email messages using templates instead of writing messages from scratch. Learn how to use Lightning email templates with Outlook.
Sync Contacts and Events with Einstein Activity Capture
Maria’s email integration puzzle is almost done. The final piece is to make sure reps can find the same, up-to-date information whether they’re working in Salesforce or Outlook. That’s where Einstein Activity Capture comes in. By syncing contacts and events between Salesforce and Outlook, reps spend less time entering data and switching between the two applications and more time focused on selling. But Einstein Activity Capture offers more than just contact and event syncing.
|Capture functionality||Emails and events that reps send and receive are automatically added to the activity timeline of related records.||Sales reps don’t waste time logging emails and events to Salesforce records. Plus, when subsequent activity occurs on added emails or events, that new activity is automatically added to Salesforce.|
Sharing settings let you decide who can view the related emails and events, so that teams work together better.
|Einstein Email Insights||Gives sales reps critical sales context alongside relevant emails.||Makes it easier for reps to send the timely communication to prospects and customers.|
|Activity dashboard||Shows a summary of sales activities that were added to Salesforce manually and by Einstein Activity Capture.||Visualize activity data and break it down into meaningful ways, such as by activity owners, activity types, and dates.|
|Activity metrics (Not available with Einstein Activity Capture Standard)||When you include Activity Metrics fields on list views, page layouts, reports, triggers, processes, and so forth, the data reflects activities that were added to Salesforce manually and by Einstein Activity Capture.||Gives sales teams the complete picture about activity data, and lets you create processes based on activity data.|
|Recommended connections (Not available with Einstein Activity Capture Standard)||Lead and contact records show which colleagues have the strongest connection to a prospect.||Makes it easy to connect with prospects to find new business.|
Maria already reviewed the Einstein Activity Capture system requirements and it’s a good fit for Ursa Major’s syncing needs. The additional productivity tools provide more value than she anticipated.
Lightning For Outlook Download
What about Lightning Sync? You may have heard about Lightning Sync, which also syncs contacts and events. Starting in Winter ’21, Lightning Sync availability is changing. Moving forward, Einstein Activity Capture is the long-term solution for syncing contacts and events between your Microsoft or Google applications and Salesforce. If you run Lightning Sync today and want to move to Einstein Activity Capture, first turn Lightning Sync off. The setting is located in the Lightning Sync section of the Outlook Integration and Sync page in Salesforce setup.
Lightning For Outlook Layout
We continue to introduce improvements to Einstein Activity Capture based on the needs we hear from customers like you. To see when new features are available, stay tuned to the Salesforce Release Notes.
Set Up Einstein Activity Capture
Getting up and running with Einstein Activity Capture is simple.
- Give users access to Einstein Activity Capture through a permission set.
- From Setup, enter
Einstein Activity Capturein the Quick Find box, and then select Settings. The guided setup flow guides you through the following steps.
- Connecting to the Microsoft server.
- Creating a configuration that controls what to capture and sync.
- Assigning users to a configuration.
- Optionally, define settings that control how emails and events are captured. For example, prevent Einstein Activity Capture from adding emails and events associated with a specific person or company. And select how new Einstein Activity Capture users share their emails and events.
- If you use only Einstein Activity Standard, turn on email insights. If you use Einstein Activity Capture through an add-on license, email insights is turned on by default.
Want your reps to do even more? Learn about how adding Inbox features to the Outlook integration provides your reps with even more tools in their email.
ResourcesLearn more about setting up the Outlook Integration and Einstein Activity Capture.
- Salesforce Help: Set Up the Outlook Integration
- Salesforce Help: Customize the Outlook Integration Pane
- Salesforce Help: Email Application Publisher Layouts
- Salesforce Help: What Is Einstein Activity Capture Standard?
- Salesforce Help: Set Up Einstein Activity Capture
At MST Solutions our cornerstone is to adapt, engage and create solutions which guarantee the success of our clients. The talent of our team and experiences in varied business verticals gives us an advantage over other competitors.
Lightning For Outlook Documentation
Our people aren’t just employees, they are key to the success of our business. We recognize the strengths of each individual and allow them time and resources to further develop those skills, crafting a culture of leaders who are passionate about where they are going within our organization.